Friday, July 23, 2010

Guys, this is the end of the first day of my hair shirt blog. Upon reflecting over the day, I have come to some peaceful conclusions.
Firstly, I am glad that I developed my own business and am constantly working on expanding the business.
Secondly, I am so glad that this is more than a business for me. There is a rich spirituality involved, also. And in this blog site I want to meet those individuals who are able to share, reflect, just be their best self, enrich the rest of us. A good moral attitude naturally embraces the 'right things of God' while rebuking the 'wrong, the things of the devil.'
Thirdly, the donning of the hair shirt is not a matter to be taken lightly. There is a rich and profound culture, custom, and theology to embracing the hair shirt.
What this all means to me is that I, we, should always remember that intentional penance should not be a narcissistic issue, rather, it is one that you ask the community to help you and support you with. While I cannot read people's hearts and intentions, their actions and words speak more profoundly than anything else.
I leave off here, but I close with this phrase: "Viva la hair shirt":-)), and Oremus pro invicem.
Fraternally,

King David

No comments:

Post a Comment