Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Prayer at work. Not!

Today has been a long one already. I woke up a bit early, laid around, had a cup of coffee along with some eggs and meat. Have been channel surfing to no avail. Oh well. Today, there isn't much on my plate except to keep trying to get word out there about my website and the magnetic underwear.
As I have looked over my day thus far, I came to a realization. You know what that realization is? For me, it's that sense of uncertainty, uncertain about where I stand with God. Prayer helps but at times I find it difficult to pray. And I know why. It's not so much a faith thing, rather more a trust thing. I think, erroneously, that if I pray there is a good chance that God won't hear my prayer or He will be slow to respond. Or not respond. I have looked at this and I realize that my relationship withGod is based on template that is at work in my relationships with other people. At times, I feel unseen, unheard; when I am with people, I think that they can't hear my fear, or they don't want to hear me. Unfortunately, I treat God with that same sense of disconnection.
I need to stop here, but I promise to be back very soon. Thanks for reading this, guys.
KD

No comments:

Post a Comment